Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back in action! and a Recipe :)

Yay!! I got back in action today at the gym!! It makes me so happy to have been back after almost 2 weeks of no gym. I did 2.5 miles on the bike, 105 regular crunches, 50 straight leg crunches, ball twists and 10 laps in the lap pool, we were kind of short on time today so I had to condense my workout! I feel amazing tho!!! I've lost 30 pounds now!! People always ask me how I'm doing it and I tell them, just lots of hard work and determination! I'm not taking any pills or any appetite suppressors or drinking any weight loss drinks, I'm just working out and watching my portion sizes on my meals and drinking LOTS of water; I average about ten 8oz cups a day. People also ask if I quit eating out and the answer to that is, no...Trey and I love eating out, especially Mexican, but we both do our part and watch how much we eat, what we order and we always substitute corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.

Okay, as you can tell, I love food! I love to cook it, eat it, smell it, whatever..lol. Tonight we are barbecuing some pork steaks and some brats, yum!! I'm sure we will have lots of leftovers. But here is another favorite of mine from the grill...

Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers with whole wheat pitas -

2 chicken breasts, sliced thin into bite size pieces (grill the chicken on skewers)
low fat greek vinaigrette salad dressing
whole wheat pita bread
large tomato, diced
large cucumber, diced
small red onion, diced

Pour dressing over chicken and put in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes. Grill chicken or cook over stove...grilled gives that nice smokiness :) If grilling, grill for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
Once cooked, serve skewers of chicken in pitas with cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Also have extra dressing out, for those who like more :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Good for you for losing the weight and trying to keep healthy. I hate going to the gym as I'm such a lazy person...but once I'm there I don't regret it. I always feel so proud of myself afterward. :) The recipe above sounds yummy :)
    Christine T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the hardest thing is actually making it to the gym. Even for me, I might not want to go, but as soon as I'm there, I get going and then I feel great afterwords. You should be proud of yourself for anything you do for your health :) Glad you like the recipe, its really good!!

    ReplyDelete