Monday, July 6, 2009

Back on the wagon....

Well, its official, I'm back on the wagon....er, back to working out, lol, although I did not make it this morning as planned, I went this evening and am feeling absolutely awesome!!! I was afraid that I would struggle to regain my momentum that I had before, but even after not working out for a month, I went back and it was like I never left, I did all that I used to do and more!

I notice that I've been really vocal about my weight with people, I'm not as ashamed as I used to be, don't get me wrong, I'm still not happy with myself, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm the way I am is because I used to overeat and not get enough exercise, I think that realizing what is/was holding you back is one of the key things to talk about with others, even if you just talk about it to a good friend. I had many long conversations with a friend named Christina, it is so nice to talk to her because she knows how I feel and knows the everyday struggles I face, because she faces them too; a lot of us do. She knows the embarrassment and the shame that we hold onto, the things that make us feel guilty when we indulge in that chocolate bar or that really yummy piece of cake after dinner, whatever your struggles and guilty pleasures are, we all face them and we all have them, just embrace them and talk about them and talk about your goals with others, they can be your friends in person or a good online friend, there are so many people to talk to, even I'm here to talk to; because, chances are, I know your struggle and I face it too.

I want to take a moment and thank the people who are always there for me and always have an ear to listen to me complain and to those who have given me all the support I need and more for this journey I'm on. I also want to thank my husband for always encouraging me to do my best and be the best person I can be.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! wooooo hoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is Tracy. I popped into the pizzeria this weekend. I was Gretchen's music teacher. lol. Anyway, she sent me this link (hope that's okay!). I have always struggled with my weight. Always. I was always the fat girl...even in Kindergarten! In the last 4 years I have lost 120 pounds. It has been HARD. It has been slow. The slow part is what I think kills me the most. Anyway, you should be very proud of the 32 pounds! THAT IS AWESOME!!! For the last year I've been doing Weight Watchers. I was surprised to find out that I can eat ANYTHING (including amazing deep dish pizza and ice cream!) and that I am rarely hungry. If you haven't looked at their online stuff (I think you can join the forums for free) you should. LOTS of yummy recipes! Okay...I think I'm rambling. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelley!!

    Hi Tracy! I'm so glad that Gretchen gave you my link, I'm happy to have new readers and to know that there really are others out there like me. Losing weight is hard work!! I had joined weight watchers in 2008, but my husband and I were in the wrong group, we think, Most of the other ladies that were there were all a lot older then us and had trouble having enough points to use for the day, whereas my husband and I had trouble using all our points for the day. And they always talked about substituting everything and that was hard too. But since then, I have learned a lot about portion sizes and how many points something I eat is; so that in itself is a good thing! Do you work out? and if so, where? I'd love to share weightloss knowledge sometime :)

    ReplyDelete