Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oops! I did it again!

I made it 2 days in a row! Yay!! I'm finally back to going to the gym! I was so ready to go today too! I was excited about it; the drive in me is back! Trey went with me today too, which makes me happy :) But I've learned that sometimes I just have to go by myself, I have to remember that I'm doing this for MYSELF, for MY health and MY happiness. I think that's where a lot of people tend to fail, because if we had a partner to go with and then they back out at the last minute, we tend to not go too. We make us reasons not to go like "well, if she isn't going with me, we'll just go tomorrow" and then tomorrow comes and you still don't go, next thing you know...a whole week has passed without you working out; I've been there, I'm speaking from experience!! Some days i would be so set to go, but Trey would not go with me, so I would just stay home and watch TV or whatever and not get a lick of exercise, then I would feel bad for not going and I would make excuse after excuse after excuse...its a vicious cycle and so easy to get trapped in.

The best way to get out of a cycle of not going to the gym or working out at home is to do it. Even if you start off by going for a 5 minute walk down the block or doing a video at home, or as I like to do, play Wii Sports on our Wii. Its a lot of fun and you don't even realize that you are working out until you are all sweaty, lol.

The choice to start losing weight should be your own, not because someone else tells you to. You have to do it for yourself, you can't do it because your significant other wants you to lose weight or your friends tell you that you should, its a very personal decision to come to and YOU have to decide to do it, otherwise you will fail. Again and sadly, I'm speaking from experience, I've had people push me to lose weight and I would do good for about a month, then, whammo! right back to where I started or worse, because it was not what I wanted to do. Since mid 2008/beginning of 2009 it is MY own goal to lose weight, I realize that I'm fat because I did this to myself and now I've realized that I have to lose the weight by myself, no little fat fairy is going to come and take it away (boy, don't we all wish she existed!!) so I'm going day by day doing what I can for myself and if I happen to help someone along the way, thats even better.

Enough for today. But I'm heading back to the gym tomorrow! Good luck to all of you who are going tomorrow too! Rememer...take it one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Julia, you are certainly hitting a lot of spots with me. And inspiring me to get back to walking again, as a start. I really enjoyed reading your blog tonight. I lost over 20 pounds on WW and kept if off a few years but have put most of it back on. Need to get it off again, that, and much more. Thank you for the privilege of inviting me to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I think its great that I inspire you to start walking again, its so easy to feall out of a good workout routine :( its also so very easy to gain the weight back...so hard to lose but so easy to gain. Thanks for reading and I hope you come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete